Job Title: Commercial Admin
To measure and value the works to deliver contractual entitlement.
To deliver the necessary activities to provide accurate cost capture.
To support the management of subcontractors as required.
To ensure all data captured is fed back into the business to inform future bids.
Size and scope: Post contract management up £15m
- Ensure compliance with the Aptus systems, processes and procedures on
Contracts between £ 1-5m p.a.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by
- Be accountable for delivery of key commercial tasks
- Work independently, with minimal supervision
- Assist in the preparation of any data required to populate commercial reports
including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows as directed
- Exercise full cost control of project(s) in conjunction with the QS / Senior QS as
- Produce monthly and/or weekly cost and value data to support forecasts to
completion of the project(s) as directed
- Be pro-active in identifying the existence of all variations (changes) to the works in
conjunction with other project team members
- Be pro-active in identifying the existence of any “claim” and “extension of time”
situations in conjunction with other project team members
- Ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for
use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
- Manage the subcontract procurement and payment process as required
- Having or be studying for a Degree qualification (RICS Accredited or equivalent) or
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Methodical style of working
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Some quantity surveying experience