We have an exciting opportunity for an Electric Network Design Engineer to join our company. The role can be based at any of our regional offices in the North West, North East, Midlands, or Yorkshire.
Job Title: Electric Network Design Engineer Reports to: Design Manager
Aptus Utilities are seeking to recruit a strong team player and multi-tasker to join us in the role of Electrical Design Engineer, working directly under the guidance of and reporting to the Design Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong electrical network design awareness and be able to demonstrate previous experience within the utility industry.
Main Activities & Duties
- Designing individually tailored HV/LV electrical network design solutions and earthing assessments for LV and HV distribution networks for domestic, commercial, and industrial developments. (Single Line Diagrams, circuit diagrams, general arrangements, wiring diagrams, block cable diagrams/schedules, cable specification/sizing calculations, etc.).
- Obtaining approval for individually tailored network design solutions including power distribution earthing.
- Provision of specialist electrical network/substation engineering advice to project stakeholders.
- Participate in multi-utility design handover to the Operations Department, providing any subsequent support and guidance through to final network connection.
- Responsible for the technical compliance of electrical network design to meet the client’s requirements, ensuring they satisfy company quality requirements, they are compliant with current DNO/IDNO policy, ENA Documentation, CDM Regulation, Codes of Practice, National/International Standards and legislation, company policy/procedures and contract specification, including safety compliance, as appropriate.
- Prioritising workflow, ensuring high quality network designs and projects are completed accurately, delivered on time, within budget, enhancing the professional image and reputation of the company in the marketplace.
- Undertake internal technical peer review of designs, prior to design submission.
- Liaise closely with Utility Infrastructure Providers, equipment manufacturers and the DNOs/IDNOs.
- Supporting the Tendering Department and where required provide outline designs.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing Clients.
- Engage with Gas and Water Designers to coordinate the delivery of multi-utility design projects.
- Mentor, coach, and guide trainee engineers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent).
- Experience in designing/planning LV and HV electrical utility network infrastructure and substation design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing LV/HV electrical networks.
- Good understanding of UK power industry including technical standards DNO/IDNO network construction requirements, including a knowledge of G81 documents.
- Knowledge of technical specifications of equipment, substations, cables, and plant.
- An understanding of DNO protection requirements would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the current NERS requirements and be able to provide compliance support.
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and N.R.S.W.A.
- Understanding of ISO09001, ISO14001 & ISO018001.
- Prioritise workflow to ensure that individual projects are completed accurately, on time, within budget and in accordance with KPI metrics.
- Engage and communicate effectively with Clients and relationship management, providing up to date progress on projects, ensuring Clients expectations are met and where-ever possible exceeded.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to analyse complex electrical data and information.
- Ability to provide the highest levels of customer service, achieving maximum customer satisfaction.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work independently and resolve any design issues.
This is a full-time position working within an office environment.
Salary dependent on experience
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org