Overall Purpose of Role
With the requirement for further expansion, we require a HR Advisor to join our team, the role will include assisting the HR Manager to provide a proactive and effective service for Aptus Utilities Limited. This role will support working across all site departments covering all generalist HR duties.
Key Responsibilities-HR Advisory Service – Related HR duties for all departments, providing advice on employment matters and daily HR issues.
- Support the HR Manager in building relationships with relevant agencies to increase knowledge of Aptus Utilities in order to increase the attraction of candidates with the right cultural fit.
- Support in the HR team of the advertising of roles, internally and externally, as appropriate focusing on the use of social media and agency briefings.
- Prepare job profiles, screening of applications/CV’s to recruit skilled office and operational staff, as required
Pay and Benefits
- Support in the co-ordination of the payroll process.
- Support in the management of the collation of payroll information and the production of HR salary documentation to be used by the payroll department.
- Liaise with the HR team regarding sickness absence deductions and return to work meetings.
Joiners and Leavers
Work with the HR team to ensure inductions are carried out for:
- for new joiners
- maternity / paternity returners
Support in the management of probationary reviews for and advise Managers on any necessary actions arising from performance or conduct issues, discuss and advise on appropriate solutions
- Assist with and manage sickness absence cases
- Conduct return to work meetings in conjunction with Managers as required and communicate with employees whose absence levels are approaching trigger levels as applicable
- Liaise with Occupational Health as required referring staff, as appropriate, managing the process
Organise all aspects of a family-friendly processes including maternity, paternity, adoption, parental and unpaid leave and oversee re-integration on return from leave ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed and senior management are kept fully up to date.
Assist the HR Manager with a whole range of employee relation issues as and when they arise, for:
- Sickness absence
- Performance management
Have a thorough understanding of HR law in particularly relating to contracts, terms and conditions, discrimination, maternity / paternity, shared parental leave, dismissal processes, grievances, etc.
Learning and Development
Have a full understanding of the continuing competence regime for
- maternity and paternity coaching,
- soft skills coaching and training
- researching training options if appropriate
Policies and Procedures:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all policies and their practical application in order to provide advice and support to all staff
- Contribute to annual policy review for HR Policies
- Assist the HR Manager in preparing information, as required, for Senior Management Executive meetings
- Respond to ad hoc HR queries on a day-to-day basis
- In their absence deputise for the HR Manager and provide support to the HR Administration Assistant
- Undertake ad hoc HR projects as and when required
Experience and attributes required
- Experience preferably in the Utility industry
- CIPD qualification or studying for
- Awareness of latest developments within employment legislation
- Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the Aptus Utilities Limited
- Understanding of and commitment to the company values
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings with all staff
- Able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation
- Can work closely with other team members, from HR Team and displaying trust and loyalty
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient, and timely manner
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters and with discretion
- Must be able to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- Good team player
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to provide a focused HR service within a challenging environment
- Excellent, proven organisational skills
- The flexibility to work outside normal hours as may be required from time-to-time
- Willingness to travel to site Depots including Cumbria, Midlands, Northeast and Yorkshire.
Working Conditions: Full time position
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Reports to – HR Manager