Due to continued growth Aptus Utilities is recruiting for an experienced jointing/electrical supervisor to be based in the Midlands.
Job Title: Jointing/Electrical SupervisorReports to: Operations Manager
Aptus Utilities Limited is currently one of the fastest growing multi utility connection providers in the UK, we have an extremely positive outlook for 2019 and a strong order book taking us right through to 2024. As part of our continued growth strategy we are looking to further strengthen our market share in the Midlands.
The candidate would be expected to manage the jointing teams day to day basis on an operational, HR and HSQE basis and will assist the electrical manager where required to ensure electrical works are completed as required by the business. The candidate therefore would be expected to possess good managerial skills, be customer focused and to have a very good knowledge of the utility industry.
Ideally the candidate will have experience working within the DNO/IDNO environment and may have experience of substation installation works. The role may suit an experienced jointer looking to move into a supervisory role or an electrical based engineer.
Main Activities & Duties
- Management of Jointing Resources
- Production/Checking of Work Instructions
- Auditing of Jointers
- Ensuring Material Call offs for Work Instructions are ready
- Assisting in programming of works for jointing teams
- The role, for the right candidate, could include substation pre-commissioning checks and handovers
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Jointing or Electrical Background in DNO or IDNO company
- Be committed to customer service
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have skills in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- First Aid
- Electric SHEA
Salary will be dependent upon experience