As Senior Gas Engineer, the successful candidate will be required to provide technical advise and support to the Gas Department, Operations Managers and wider business. Previous experience of working on gas distribution networks is essential. You will be joining a growing team and business with ambitious plans for the future.
Main Activities & Duties
- Provide Technical Support to Gas Team Members and Operation Managers
- Support management and development of Gas Engineers and Gas Team members
- Act as GIRS Technical Adviser or liaise with appointed Gas Technical Adviser
- Ensure that all Gas Method Statements and Procedures reflect current IGEM standards and GIRS / Gas Transporters requirements and amend as required.
- Carry out Competency Review of Gas Engineers and other relevant staff.
- Carry out the duties of Competent Person and Authorised Engineer for Routine and Non Routine Operations.
- Act as primary contact with Gas Transporters and Independent Gas Transporters including resolution of any technical issues
- Represent Aptus Utilities on Gas Transporter meetings and the GIRS Forum
- Carry out Technical Audits as required to meet requirements of Safe Control of Operations and Aptus Utilities Procedures.
- Provide support and advice on all Gas related matters to the Management Team as required.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Previous experience managing work on Gas Distribution Networks (metallic and PE)
- Current EUSR Gas SHEA and Safe Control Operations (Permit to Work, Routine Operations and Non Routine Operations) Registration
- Currently registered with Gas Transporters as Competent Person and Authorising Engineer up to 2 bar.
- Excellent Team Player.
- Recognition of impact of Gas Department work on overall delivery of Projects and income generation.
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills
- Ability to present ideas effectively
- Educated to degree level as a minimum or equivalent technical qualification
- Ideally Tech Eng. or I Eng. IGEM status or working towards
Reports to: Operations Manager
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Bolton Head Office – Aptus House, Unit 19-20 Wingates Business Park, Barrs Fold Road, Bolton, BL5 3XP.
Salary will be dependent upon experience
See our benefits brochure to find out more about our offering
If you wish to apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org