An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stores Manager to join Aptus Utilities and run the company’s newly opened depot in Yorkshire.
Job Title: Stores Manager Yorkshire Reports to: Support Services Director
Company Overview & Job Role
Aptus Utilities Limited is currently one of the fastest growing multi utility connection providers in the UK, we have an extremely positive outlook for 2020 and a strong order book taking us right through our current 5 year growth plan. As part of our continued growth strategy we have just opened a depot in Yorkshire and require a Stores Manager to run the depot.
The successful candidate will be key in setting up the stores function from the new location as well as ensuring the ongoing success of the store. The Stores Manager will also be required to carry out deliveries and collections to and from sites, and as the region grows, the successful candidate will run a team of stores operatives. The candidate would be expected to work within a team to provide support to the operational workforce by delivering or collecting materials, plant, tools and traffic management equipment to or from construction sites.
Ideally the candidate will have experience working within the utility industry within a stores or utility construction team environment as a stores operative or support driver. Other related experience will be considered.
- Ensure all stores areas are kept safe, clean, tidy and manageable for all who work there, as well as visitors, adhering to HSQE guidelines at all times
- Manage a team of stores operatives and runners
- Liaise with the company procurement team to order materials, ensuring stock levels are accurate and maintained
- Schedule runners’ work for each day, ensuring materials are delivered to site, as requested by the site Project Managers
- Ensure picklists for materials are ready for collection from the stores, as requested by the site Project Managers
- Update the bespoke in house system with stock movements, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Ensure all depot audits are carried out, as required by HSQE and Management
- Organise and manage a quarterly stocktake of all materials
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all suppliers to the business
- Attend internal and external meetings, where required
- Recruit, train and assist in the development of stores staff, as required, as well as deal with any disciplinary and grievance issues, adhering to HR guidelines at all times.
- Put forward suggestions for continual improvement of processes for the stores and across the business
- Assist in the management of the fleet from the depot
- Assist in the management of the plant, tools and small equipment from the depot
Qualifications & Skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Committed to customer service
- Excellent Listening and Communication skills
- Full Driving Licence
- Previous experience of a similar stores environment
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Counterbalance/telehandler Forklift licence
- Towing experience
- First Aid /Manual Handling and NRSWA training desirable
This is undoubtedly the most exciting opportunity within the UK’s utility and connection market, the candidate will be given full backing to progress within a major organization and become a key part of the fastest growing multi utility connection provider in the UK.
Working conditions – Normal for an working stores/depot environment
Location – Yorkshire Depot – Unit 2, New Court, Mildred Sylvester Way, Normanton, Wakefield, WF6 1TA
Please send CV including contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org