Aptus Utilities Limited is one of the fastest growing multi utility connection providers in the UK, with a positive outlook for the future and an ambitious growth strategy for the next 5 years.
The company is currently seeking to recruit a design manager whom will have responsibility for leading the multi-disciplined design team based predominantly at the head office base.
Job Title: Design Manager Reports to: Operations Director
Reporting to the Operations Director the role will involve the management and leadership of the design department, ensuring that the team is focused on exceptional customer service through the delivery of a high quality designs to the clients requirements.
The team is responsible for ensuring the designs are delivered within the network owner specifications and current legislation, but also with cost management in mind. Challenge of connection points, innovative thinking and identification of technical solutions are key to the success of the business through the teams work.
Main Activities & Duties
- Lead the design and CAD team in delivering contract designs for construction, in accordance with relevant policies, procedures, codes of practice and legislation
- Undertake/Manage the handover of approved contract designs to the construction team
- Provide support to the tendering team to enable accurate quotes to be issued
- Ensure communication systems both internal and external operate effectively and provide the highest levels of customer service
- Co-ordinate the interaction between all departments within the business as required
- Review and challenge all aspects of the process and systems within the department, and implement change as required to ensure an efficient, consistent and high quality output is maintained/achieved
- Review, develop and implement effective performance management measures and controls
- Liaise with the technical and HSQE team to ensure the business accreditations are maintained
- Participate in employee resource management and recruitment, as is required
- Assist in the evaluation of employees’ job performance recommending appropriate actions when necessary to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
Desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience leading a technical team
- Technical experience in one or more of the multi-utility disciplines
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills
- Experience in delivering change within a team
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to present ideas effectively
- Educated to a minimum of HND or equivalent technical qualification
Working Environment is a normal office environment
Salary will be dependent upon experience
Please send your CV into email@example.com