We have an exciting opportunity for an Electric Network Design Engineer to join our company. The role can be based at any of our regional offices in the North West, North East, Midlands, or Yorkshire.
What you will be doing?
We are looking to recruit a strong team player and multi-tasker to join us in the role of Electrical Design Engineer, working directly under the guidance of and reporting to one of our Delivery Managers (Design).
- Designing individually tailored HV/LV electrical network design solutions and earthing assessments for LV and HV distribution networks for domestic, commercial, and industrial developments. (Single Line Diagrams, circuit diagrams, general arrangements, wiring diagrams, block cable diagrams/schedules, cable specification/sizing calculations, etc.).
- Obtaining approval for individually tailored network design solutions including power distribution earthing.
- Provision of specialist electrical network/substation engineering advice to project stakeholders.
- Participate in multi-utility design handover to the Operations Department, providing any subsequent support and guidance through to final network connection.
- Responsible for the technical compliance of electrical network design to meet the client’s requirements, ensuring they satisfy company quality requirements, they are compliant with current DNO/IDNO policy, ENA Documentation, CDM Regulation, Codes of Practice, National/International Standards and legislation, company policy/procedures and contract specification, including safety compliance, as appropriate.
- Undertake internal technical peer review of designs, prior to design submission.
- Liaise closely with Utility Infrastructure Providers, equipment manufacturers and the DNOs/IDNOs.
- Supporting the Tendering Department and where required provide outline designs.
- Engage with Gas and Water Designers to coordinate the delivery of multi-utility design projects.
- Mentor, coach, and guide trainee engineers.
What we ask from you:-
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent).
- Experience in designing/planning LV and HV electrical utility network infrastructure and substation design.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing LV/HV electrical networks.
- Good understanding of UK power industry including technical standards DNO/IDNO network construction requirements, including a knowledge of G81 documents.
- Knowledge of technical specifications of equipment, substations, cables, and plant.
- An understanding of DNO protection requirements would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the current NERS requirements and be able to provide compliance support.
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and N.R.S.W.A.
- Understanding of ISO09001, ISO14001 & ISO018001.
- Engage and communicate effectively with Clients and relationship management, providing up to date progress on projects, ensuring Clients expectations are met and where-ever possible exceeded.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work independently and resolve any design issues.
What we can offer in return:-
- Mentoring and ongoing guidance to settle you into your role
- Benefits include cashback plans including eye-care, dental & prescriptions, to name just a few….. please click on our benefits brochure to view further details
- Gym, fitness and retail discounts
- Donate a Day – we will gift you an extra day off each year to do something for charity or within the community
- Mentoring and ongoing guidance, not only to settle you into your role, but throughout your career with Aptus
- We promote physical and mental health and provide additional support to our employees via our Employer Assistance Program all year round
Job Type: Full time, Permanent Position
Please send CV and contact details to email@example.com
If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our People Team or Design Manager, who will usually arrange a short telephone interview before arranging a face-to-face.