What you will be doing:
You will be required to work within the current operational team at our regional office in Burntwood . Whilst you will be given the flexibility to develop the role, you will work alongside the existing Electrical Supervisor and will report to the Regional Manager.
You will assist to manage the jointing teams day to day on an Operational, HR and HSQE basis and will assist the Electrical Supervisor to ensure electrical works are completed as required by the business. You will need to have experience working within the utility environment and may have experience of electric installation works. The role may suit an experienced Jointer looking to move into a supervisory role or an electrical based engineer.
- Sub-Stations – be responsible for overseeing the cradle to grave process for sub-station installations, connection and commissioning.
- Be responsible for HV UG and any OH line diversions associated with schemes.
- Production and checking of work instructions
- Carry out audits for Jointers
- Ensure material call-offs for work instructions are ready
- Assisting in programming of works for jointing teams
What we ask from you:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, to present information in a professional manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Competent in the use of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word & Excel
- Committed to customer service
- First Aid (desirable)
- Electric SHEA (desirable)
- NRSWA (desirable)
- Jointing or Electrical Background in DNO or IDNO company (desirable not essential)
What we can offer in return:
- Benefits include cashback plans including eye-care, dental & prescriptions, to name just a few….. please click on our benefits brochure to view further details
- Gym, fitness and retail discounts
- Donate a Day – we will gift you an extra day off each year to do something for charity or within the community
- Mentoring and ongoing guidance, not only to settle you into your role, but throughout your career with Aptus
- We promote physical and mental health and provide additional support to our employees via our Employer Assistance Program all year round
Job Type: Permanent/full time
Location: Burntwood Business Park, Burntwood, Staffordshire, WS7 3FT
Please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our People Team or Manager, who will usually arrange a short telephone interview before arranging a face-to-face interview.