Due to continued expansion Aptus Utilities requires a conscientious and enthusiastic Gas Engineer to provide support to the Gas and Operations department.
Job Title: Gas Engineer Reports to: Gas Engineering Manager
Main Activities & Duties
- Authorise and prepare/write FM144, Routine Operations and Non Routine Operations in accordance with SCO. Ideally holds both Competent Person and Authorising Engineer Status for both GDN’s and iGT’s
- Order any specialist fittings required for the Connections and technical jobs, and manages the stock levels.
- Issue Permits (Deep Excavation / MP Testing / Lifting ) Where Required.
- Undertake 10% Audits on Authorised Routine Operations
- Undertake Gas Technical, Meter, Gas Tool Check Audits
- Undertake Connections and complete all necessary paperwork which included DR8’s Variations, Connection Aslaids, Test Certs Both MP and LP photos where required.
- Undertake Pre start Governor meetings with Site managers and representatives from the adopting network. Install and supervise the commissioning of Governors.
- Assist in the training Development of new staff mentoring Team leader to enable them to undertake connections on their own one they meet the correct level of competence. Highlighting Gaps and any further training requirements where necessary.
- Promote Safety culture identifying any hazards / near misses and raising incidents when required, carrying out any investigations where necessary.
- Ensure all work carried out complies to gas industry standards and company policy and procedures.
- Raise any issues to try to drive efficiencies and improvements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- SCO1,2 and 5 – willing to obtain SCO4 if not already got.
- EUSR NCO(G) Distribution Mainlayer – minimum 180mm and preferably 355m
- Experience on making connections on metallic mains – UPT, bagging off
- Should have effective people management communication and supervisory skills and is able to work closely with all levels of staff, and most importantly work well and be able to integrate into the existing Gas team and become an integral member of the team
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Bolton Head Office – Aptus House, Unit 19-20 Wingates Business Park, Barrs Fold Road, Bolton, BL5 3XP.
Salary will be dependent upon experience
If you wish to apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com