Due to continued expansion, Aptus Utilities require an experienced Credit Controller to review and implement rapid changed to the credit control function.
What you will be doing:
- Undertake a review of the credit control function, and implementing agreed improvements to processes and controls
- Evaluate the credit status of the debtor’s ledger
- Conduct negotiations with customers to set terms and conditions for payment of receivables
- Ensure monthly cash and debtor targets are met
- Contact customers through calls, emails, or letters to notify of outstanding invoices and oversee the forwarding of regular statements to clients to keep them updated on debt collection activities.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure good management of debt
- Review and implement revised compliance to standard policies and regulations
- Maintain effective and accurate records of customers’ accounts and purchasing activities
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of debtor ledger accounts
- Ensure prompt reply to client and internal feedback
- Working closely with commercial to resolve queries with clients
- Commence legal action where necessary
What we ask from you:
- Proven experience as a senior credit controller
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit control systems and processes
- Working knowledge of Sage 200, or similar
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within timescales and to deadlines
- Efficient and methodical approach to time and task management
What can we offer in return:
- Benefits include cashback plans including eye-care, dental & prescriptions, to name just a few..
- Gym, fitness and retail discounts
- Donate a Day – we will gift you an extra day off each year to do something for charity or within the community
- Enhanced training and development
- Mentoring and ongoing guidance, not only to settle you into your role, but throughout your career with Aptus
- We promote physical and mental health and provide additional support to our employees via our Employer Assistance Program all year round.
Salary Dependent upon experience
Please send CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our People Team, who will usually arrange a short telephone interview before arranging a face-to-face.