Aptus Utilities require an additional street lighting Project Manager to complement our site & office-based team. The successful applicant will have responsibilities for the street lighting contracts around the Midlands Region. This is a permanent position and would ideally suit someone who is located central to these locations. The duties of the PM will be to oversee all street lighting contracts in these regions ensuring they are completed within agreed timescales and budgets. These may be a standalone private lighting scheme, a new S38 development or the removal / renewal of highway lighting on behalf of a local authority or working alongside our established project managers where necessary or required.
What you will be doing:
- Day to day Supervision of the electrical Street Lighting teams to ensure that contractual obligations are met.
- Ensuring all works are to the current standards and quality check all works.
- Completing scheme sign off Electrical test certificates and issuing to clients
- Responsibility for staffing issues within the team to ensure adequate staffing cover and skill levels (including performance, development, timesheets, annual leave, sickness, programming of works etc.).
- Ensuring depot stock and vehicles are maintained and monitored to the required standard (Plant sheets, calibration dates, servicing of vehicles Etc.).
- Carrying out site audits to show visible leadership to the workforce and sub-contractors.
- Representation of Aptus Utilities at progress / Prestart meetings with Clients and the issuing of RAMS where applicable
- Supervision of Health and Safety of all staff, both on and off site.
- Encourage innovation from staff and operatives.
- Undertake duties as and when required, including out of hours call outs and weekends
- Produce weekly reports to present to the Lighting Manager on performance.
- Other duties will be required at Managers discretion.
What we ask from you:
- Previous experience of Street Lighting contracts.
- Ability to visually identify lanterns and components.
- Ability to read & understand working drawings and interpret the requirement.
- Experienced in working to challenging performance measures
- Able to understand and implement Risk Assessments and method statements
- Full Streetworks
What we can offer in return:
- The opportunity to develop your career
- Benefits include cashback plans including eye-care, dental, prescriptions to name a few… please click on our benefits brochure to view further details
- Gym, fitness and retail discounts
- Donate a Day – we will gift you an extra day off each year to do something for charity or within the community
Please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our People Team or the Hiring Manager, who will usually arrange a short telephone interview before arranging a face-to-face.