“One of the reasons I love working for Aptus is the company is always striving to be the number one multi utility company in the UK. The role at times can be demanding with deadlines needing to be met, however, my role is very rewarding as you are involved in housing schemes from start to finish. Watching a scheme develop from estimation to design and then walking round a finished housing development knowing that as a business we have performed to a high standard, there is no better feeling for me”
John, Project Delivery Manager
What will you be doing:
You will be responsible in leading operational construction activity within the East Midlands area and ensure that business objectives are met efficiently. Working with colleagues within other areas of the business will be key to success whilst integrating best working practice.
- Manage, guide and mentor a team of Project Managers within the area delivering portfolios of Multi Utility projects.
- Oversee pre-construction activities in planning stages of new awards, liaise with estimating and design team to ensure full understanding of projects and attend project handover meetings.
- Communicate with developer contract managers/technical engineers before and during works on projects.
- Produce construction plans for developments to enable timely installation, connection and commission of all required utilities to meet client requirements.
- Observe programme meeting and advise on changes as required, notifying Project Managers of any amendments.
- Drive productivity of Project Managers and teams for better commercial performance, through good planning and control of works.
- Demonstrate good practice of SHEQ, Operations, delivery of business and customer excellence within region.
- Complete audit schedules as required and monitor Project Mangers delivery of same.
- Maintain the professional image and core values of the Company and uphold policies in line with the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety and Environmental Systems.
- Liaison with the commercial team to deliver projects cost effectively within specification.
- Coordinate monthly scheme reviews with Project Managers and ensure attendance.
- Assist and support Regional Manager with quarterly forecasting to enable business to accurately forward plan.
What we ask from you
- Have a good understanding and management of the multi utility business processes and procedures
- Management experience in an operational role including managing multi utility and connection projects
- Be a good communicator at all levels
- Have the drive to improve business process delivery for the benefit of the client and business performance
- Demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Skills in the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to organise and manage the completion of site works from both an HSQE and commercial perspective
- NRSWA Streetworks
- SMSTS/CSCS Card
- Skills in the use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Hold Gas/Water NCO 2 (desirable)
- Hold IOSH or similar (desirable)
- Hold Management qualification (desirable)
- Hold full driving licence
What we can offer in return:
- Benefits include cashback plans including eye-care, dental & prescriptions, to name just a few….. please click on our benefits brochure to view further details
- Gym, fitness and retail discounts
- Donate a Day – we will gift you an extra day off each year to do something for charity or within the community
- Mentoring and ongoing guidance, not only to settle you into your role, but throughout your career with Aptus
- We promote physical and mental health and provide additional support to our employees via our Employer Assistance Program all year round
Job Type: Full time, Permanent Position
Depot Location: Hybrid working between home and Burntwood Depot will be offered initially. Through expansion the business is aiming to mobilise an East/South Midlands depot- exact location tbc. It is expected the successful candidate will be pivotal in the set up and operation of this new depot.
Please send your CV and contact details to email@example.com
If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our People Team or Manager, who will usually arrange a short telephone interview before arranging a face-to-face interview.