Aptus are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Lighting designer based out of Head office at Bolton. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in lighting design and be able to undertake designs suitable for various new types of schemes. This may be a standalone private lighting scheme, a new S38 development or the removal / renewal of highway lighting on behalf of a local authority.
Job Title: Street lighting DesignerReports to: Street lighting Manager
Main Activities & Duties
- Liaise with developers to determine full scope of works and produce quotation for the design based on the requirements.
- Produce designs using Lighting Reality and AutoCAD.
- Produce cable calculations & Schematic diagrams to accompany the designs.
- Liaise with Local Authorities for lighting assessments and approval of designs
- Offer guidance to clients with existing lighting issues.
- Produce weekly reports to present to the Lighting Manager on performance.
- Other duties will be required at Managers discretion.
Skills & Qualifications
- ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma (modules 1-4)
- G39 – Working in the vicinity of DNO equipment.
- Fully Conversant with BS:5489 Road lighting code of practice
- Experience in lighting contracts
- Ability to read & understand working drawings and interpret the requirement.
- Experienced in working to challenging performance measures
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Flexible in working hours and to be available when needed.
- Fully IT literate with AutoCAD & Microsoft Office
- Full driving licence required.
- BS7671 18th Edition wiring regulations (preferable)
- Ability to visually identify lanterns and components.
- Lighting Reality – Best Practice & Advanced
Salary will be dependent upon experience
If you wish to apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com