With the need for further expansion and flexibility, we require an additional Street Lighting Electrical Supervisor to complement our site & office based team. The successful applicant will have responsibilities for the electrical element of our street lighting contracts around the Lancashire, Cumbria & North East and Midlands areas and work between several depots. This is a permanent position and would ideally suit someone who is located central to these locations. The duties of the supervisor will be to oversee all street lighting contracts, ensuring they are completed within agreed timescales and budgets. These may be a standalone private lighting scheme, a new S38 development or the removal / renewal of highway lighting on behalf of a local authority or working alongside our established project managers where necessary or required.
Main Activities & Duties
- Day to day Supervision of the Electrical Street Lighting Team to ensure that contractual obligations are met including issuing and collecting work instructions.
- Completing Electrical test certificates and issuing to clients
- Responsibility for staffing within the team to ensure adequate staffing cover and skill levels (including performance, development, timesheets, annual leave, sickness, programming of works etc.).
- Meeting the requirements of Individual Contracts terms and conditions.
- Ensuring depot stock and vehicles are maintained and monitored to the required standard (Plant sheets, calibration dates, servicing of vehicles Etc.).
- Carrying out site audits to show visible leadership to the workforce and sub-contractors.
- Supervision of all labour including subcontractors working on your scheme.
- Attend site meetings to establish contract understanding and for resolving construction based issues.
- Representation of Aptus Utilities at progress and pre-start meetings with clients
- Supervision of Health and Safety of all staff, both on and off site
- Encourage innovation from staff and operatives
- Undertake Supervisor duties as and when required, including out of hours call outs and weekend
- Other duties will be required at Manager’s discretion
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience of Street Lighting contracts
- Qualified to BS7671:2018 and hold inspection & Testing (2394 & 2395)
- IPAF Vehicle Mounted licence
- Ability to visually identify lanterns and components
- Ability to read & understand working drawings and interpret the requirement
- Experienced in working to challenging performance measures
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Performance driven to ensure contractual timelines are met and schemes delivered on time
- Able to understand and implement Risk Assessments and method statements
- Flexible in working hours and to be available when needed
- IT literate with the ability to populate spreadsheets
- Full driving licence required
- Full Streetworks
Reports to: Street Lighting Manager
Full-time (42.5 hours per week)
Location: Any of our office depots will be considered
Salary will be dependent upon experience
See our benefits brochure to find out more about our offering
If you wish to apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org