With the need for further expansion and flexibility, we require an additional street lighting Project Manager to complement our site & office based team. The successful applicant will have responsibilities for the installations of our street lighting contracts, working in the Midlands, Derbyshire & parts of Cheshire and will also work between several depots. This is a permanent position and would ideally suit someone who is located central to these locations. The duties of the PM will be to oversee all street lighting contracts in these regions ensuring they are completed within agreed timescales and budgets. These may be a standalone private lighting scheme, a new S38 development or the removal / renewal of highway lighting on behalf of a local authority or working alongside our established project managers where necessary or required.
Job Title: Street Lighting Project Manager Reports To: Street Lighting Manager
Main Activities & Duties
- Day to day Supervision of the Street Lighting teams to ensure that contractual obligations are met including issuing and collecting work instructions.
- Arranging Electrical test certificates and issuing to clients
- Responsibility for staffing issues within the team to ensure adequate staffing cover and skill levels (including performance, development, timesheets, annual leave, sickness, programming of works etc.).
- Meeting the requirements of Individual Contracts terms and conditions.
- Ensuring depot stock and vehicles are maintained and monitored to the required standard (Plant sheets, calibration dates, servicing of vehicles Etc.).
- Carrying out site audits to show visible leadership to the workforce and sub-contractors.
- Supervision of all labour including subcontractors working on your scheme.
- Attend site meetings to establish contract understanding and for resolving construction based issues.
- Representation of Aptus Utilities at progress / Prestart meetings with Clients
- Supervision of Health and Safety of all staff, both on and off site.
- Quality checks on completed works
- Other duties will be required at Managers discretion.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience of Street Lighting contracts on new and existing highways
- Ability to read & understand working drawings.
- Experienced in working to challenging performance measures
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Performance driven to ensure contractual timelines are met and schemes delivered on time.
- Able to understand and implement Risk Assessments and method statements
- Flexible in working hours and to be available when needed.
- IT literate with the ability to populate spreadsheets.
- Full driving licence required.
- Full Streetworks
- Qualified to BS7671:2018 and hold inspection & Testing (2394 & 2395)
- IPAF Vehicle Mounted licence
- Ability to visually identify lanterns and components.
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Salary will be dependent upon experience
See our benefits brochure to find out more about our offering
If you wish to apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org