We are looking to recruit a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to support our commercial team. The successful candidate will be based at our Head Office in Bolton.
Aptus Utilities Limited is currently one of the fastest growing multi utility connection providers in the UK, we have an extremely positive outlook for 2020/21 and a strong order book taking us right through to 2023. As part of our continued growth strategy we are looking to further strengthen our market share in the North West, North East and Midlands.
The candidate would not only be expected to develop within the commercial team, but also to assist the business management team to deliver the programme of works on time, to budget, at the right quality whilst ensuring commercial awareness is administered at all times. The candidate therefore would be expected to possess sound managerial skills, be customer focused and to have or gain a very good knowledge of the utility industry.
Working with colleagues within other parts of the business will be key to success, to gain an understanding of how the established offices operate to enable integration, and use of best working practice. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial awareness.
Job Title: Trainee Quantity SurveyorReports to: Senior Management Team
Main Activities & Duties
- Producing snapshot Weekly Cost Value reconciliations
- Producing detailed Monthly Cost Value reconciliations
- Updating project end life forecasts
- Preparing sub contractor weekly payments
- Preparing client valuations
- Preparing final accounts for both clients and sub contractors
- Preparation of variations and agreement with the clients
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience working in the Utility sector or commercial/ financial environment
- Skilled in Excel and Document management packages
- Committed to customer service.
This is undoubtedly the most exciting opportunity within the UK’s utility and connection market, the candidate will be given full backing to progress within a major organization and become a key part of the fastest growing multi utility connection provider in the UK.